WHAT IS LIP BLUSHING?
Lip blushing is a type of cosmetic tattooing that semi-permanently enhances lip color by depositing colored ink into the lips with a mechanical needle. The resulting lip tattoo is subtle, not saturated. Lip blushing allows you to wake up with picture-perfect, beautifully flushed lips without applying a stitch of lipstick.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
Results will always vary from person to person, after your initial session and the touch up, your results should last between 2-5 years. Additional touch ups may be required depending on the person and look desired. Permanent makeup ink is not the same as body art ink, and by design it does not last as long as body art ink.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- There will be moderate swelling, redness and bruising for the first 5 days.
- Apply a Ziploc bag filled with water and ice for no more than 15 minutes at a time to reduce swelling.
- During the initial healing period, there should be minimal scabbing or flaking of the skin. If there is scabbing or flaking, do not pick, and allow the scab or dry skin to come off on its own.
- Expect the color to eventually lighten by up to 40% once the healing process is complete.
- Color may appear uneven at different stages of healing. Be patient. This is a process that does not yield immediate results.
DOES LIP BLUSHING HURT?
Pain levels vary from person to person. Strong medical grade topical anesthetic cream is used before and during your procedure to keep you as pain free as possible.
WILL I STILL HAVE TO WEAR LIPSTICK? AND CAN OTHER COLORS STILL LOOK THE SAME ON TOP?
This is up to the look each individual is trying to achieve. The colors I tattoo with are natural and intended to look very natural. We can certainly enhance your natural color or add color if you’re lacking, or add a specific tint that you’re looking for, but it remains soft and natural. That way when you do decide to change it up and want to wear lipstick it will still look great over top, and can cover you tattoo with whatever color we decide to use.
CAN ANYONE HAVE PERMANENT MAKEUP?
Please be advised that permanent makeup is a form of tattooing and there are some medical conditions and medications that prevent clients from getting the service. If you have any questions, please email or call. Occasionally, a doctor’s note can be accepted for special cases.
Permanent cosmetics services cannot be performed if you are:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Under the age of 18.
- Taking immunosuppresion medication/have been diagnosed with an immune disorder.
- Have any active infection.
- Have an upcoming surgery within 4 weeks.
- Taking blood thinning medication.
- Taking adderall.
- Noncompliant with aftercare instructions.
- Commonly suntan.
- Currently taking painkillers, street narcotics, or have drinking problems.
- Taking krill oil/fish oil.
- Have an undiagnosed/untreated heart issues.
- Have taken antibiotics in the past 30 days.
- Have tendency to keloid.
- Have had peels/laser/microneedling within the past four weeks.
- Have taken accutane in the past year.
- Have had laser resurfacing in the past year.
- Have had botox injections on the forehead within 3 weeks.
- At high risk of infection/must take antibiotics during dental work.
- Trichotilloma diagnosis.
If you are unsure whether or not you can receive permanent makeup, please contact email@example.com
If you are prone to cold sores, lip tattooing CAN cause outbreaks, which can result in loss of pigment. We ask that our clients take their prescribed anti-viral medication starting 48 hours prior to their appointment and after the procedure to prevent outbreak. You can still have lip blushing done!!! We just want to ensure you get the best results possible. Consult with your doctor for any additional questions. If you have an outbreak, or any other type of scratch/acne we ask that you reschedule your appointment as soon as possible. If you show up with any type of outbreak your appointment is considered cancel and you forfeit your deposit.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR MY LIP BLUSHING SESSION? BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT:
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oils, vitamin E, niacin, or drink excessive alcohol at least 48 hours prior to and after your procedure.
- Do not take any prescription blood thinners at least 48 hours prior to and after your procedure.
- Discontinue any vitamin A skin care products (Retin-A, retinols) close to the enhancement area at least two weeks prior to your procedure. **I recommend NOT using these products over or around the tattooed area after you receive your cosmetic tattoo. It could cause fading and distortion of color.**
- Discontinue use of AHA (chemical exfoliation) skin care products close to the area to be tattooed at least one week prior to your procedure.
- No laser or electrolysis on or around the treatment area one week prior to procedure.
- No Botox or fillers in the procedure area less than one week prior.
- Plan trips or events a minimum of 14 days after the procedure. Due to unwanted elements Limit the amount of caffeine you consume the morning of your appointment.
- Do not have any chemical peels, dermabrasions, mesotherapy, or any other intense treatments which will cause faster skin cell rejuvenating and cause skin irritation 3-4 weeks before procedure.
- If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure.
- It is highly recommended that you avoid SUN and TANNING BED exposure for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn, you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your booking fee. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it.
- Bring in your favorite lip color if you have a specific color your wanting to achieve
- If you have existing cosmetic tattooing you need to contact me BEFORE booking your appointment.